The mission of Lakeland Middle School is to enable our students to become successful participants in today's and tomorrow's society.
To successfully participate in society, we believe our students need knowledge, appreciation and understanding that will allow them to
- Use critical thinking and reasoning abilities to solve problems
- Communicate effectively in a variety of settings
- Develop global awareness and appreciate cultural diversity
- Maintain personal, emotional and physical well-being
- Establish a high standard of ethics Work effectively as a member of a group
- Contribute to society as a responsible citizen
- Be a self-directed learner.
DESIRED LEARNER RESULTS
All students will
- Demonstrate skill, knowledge and understanding in the required core areas
- Demonstrate skills in technology that will promote academic and workplace success
- Demonstrate respect, honesty, integrity and responsible citizenship in their daily lives
- Understand and demonstrate the fundamental principles of responsible citizenship
- Demonstrate an awareness of and respect for different people and cultures
- Communicate and participate as a productive member of a group
- Use critical thinking and reasoning strategies to solve problems
- Explore areas of personal interest
- Demonstrate an awareness of healthy lifestyles and strategies for maintaining food health
- Exemplify the idea that "anything work doing is worth doing well".